Saturday, August 6, 2011

WWE releases five wrestlers






With the WWE quarterly conference call in the books, the axe began falling today at WWE headquarters.

Gail Kim, Melina, Vladimir Kozlov, Chris Masters, and David Hart Smith have all been released by the company.

"Yup, Japan here I come! No more WWE, had a great time tho." Smith wrote on his Facebook page. Kim tweeted "Hey I just wanted every1 to know that I officially quit WWE on Monday. So thank u wwe fans! This won't be the last u see of me. Love u guys" and later "please get it right . I quite! They didn't release ME."

Melina, ironically the "Diva Focus: August 5, 2011" at WWE.com, turned to the social media scene to pressure the company to reconsider.

"Feel free to Tweet, write, call @WWE about how u feel about anything. You deserve to be heard regarding any matter. Strength in numbers," she wrote on her Twitter account, @RealMelina. "In the next few days you will see many updates on the matter, so keep checking www.RealMelina.com I will definitely Blog & Vlog about it."

Gail Kim seemed positively exuberant on her Twitter account, @gailkimITSME, on which she claims that she quit.

"Every1 sounds upset or sad or concerned..trust me its the best thing ever. Now my life can begin. All the negativity is gone and control over my life. No one can hold me down but me now!"

Masters (Chris Mordetzky) released an official statement, which included an email address (masterpiece83@gmail.com) to take bookings at: "Obviously, I'm surprised by the move. But I'm optimistic. I'm going to move forward and see what lies ahead. I still love this business and I'm not going to give up because of this small set back. I want to explore and see what options I have for the future."

Credit: Slam! Wrestling

No comments:

Post a Comment