Friday, August 19, 2011

AUSTIN IDOL LIVE: “I ANOINT MYSELF THE KING OF JUGGALOS!”

It all started a few weeks ago at the 2011 NWA Legends Pro Wrestling Fanfest in Atlanta. I was a featured guest along with a host of other Legendary Pro Wrestlers who were there to please the amazing throngs of loyal diehard wrestling fans. This incredible event was a virtual who’s who of stars from yesteryear as well as others who are still giving it their all on a regular basis.



I was paired up with “Wildfire” Tommy Rich for photo ops and we hooked up with Jerry “The King” Lawler for a very special fan photo shoot that was a sensational hit to put it mildly. You know what’s weird? I still wanted to closeline the King after all these years! I guess it’s just a natural instinct after all battles we went through at the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis.



It was a real treat to meet up with some of my old buds and catch up. After 100′s of photos with the greatest fans in the world, Fanfest promoter Greg Price ushered me off to a special signing room where I joined Tommy Rich, Lars Anderson, Nick Bockwinkle, Harley Race, and my friend from way back, Terry Funk. The seemingly endless line of hungry autograph seekers was like a sea of bodies in all shapes and sizes, not to mention a broad spectrum of personalities. Many of them possessed several personalities of their own! What a perfect setting to be up close and personal with a funky good natured group of people who traveled from around the globe to attend this amazing spectacle of organized chaos! Kudos to Greg Price for putting on a first class event!



The word is that the 2012 Fanfest will be back in Charlotte, NC, and Greg is already working on this one. For me personally, I had an absolute blast especially while signing autographs. There was an amazing amount of dialogue going on and yours truly was in rare form holding court like never before! Someone had to do it and I stepped right up and virtually threw everyone under the bus, of course in a jovial way!



Now that the show was over it was off to gorgeous Greenville, South Carolina for a great family visit, see some super friends, chow down on some amazing food especially at Sassafras Southern Bistro on Main Stret. right in the center of this crazy good downtown. Got a give a huge shout out to our server Josh, who never missed a beat as he navigated the menu for us choosing winner after winner! If you go there, asked for this dude, you’ll be glad you did!



Now it’s time to get Krazy and for all hell to break loose! I jumped on a plane and flew to Evansville, Indiana for the 12th annual “Gathering Of The Juggalos”! The Legends & Icons event was appropriately dubbed, “The Largest show of its kind ever witnessed”! Cave-In-Rock, Illinois was the epicenter of something not for the faint of heart but, reserved only for Juggalos and Juggalettes! It was on the hallowed grounds of the Hatchet Landings in the JCW ring that the largest Indy wrestling event ever, I mean EVER took place anywhere in the United States!



Here’s a partial list of the Legends and Icons: Al Snow, Bob Orton, Dutch Mantel, Greg Valentine, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jimmy Snuka, Koko B. Ware, Ken Patera, Raven, XPAC, Tito Santana, Vampiro, Bob Backlund, Big Daddy V, Tommy Rich, Carlito, Rock ‘N’ Roll Express, The Headbaners, Pro Wrestling journalist extraordinaire Bill Apter, Tank Abbott, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Terry Funk, and your homie, The “Universal Hearthrob” Austin Idol!



I hope you get the picture that this event was truly a very big deal! JCW’s Corp. Robinson was lurking in the shadows as was “Violent J” of the Infamous and mind blowing “Insane Clown Posse”! The Idol was in a 5 man Memphis Mania match and just like the days of old, came out victorious with his hand in the air! My Bro, Mick Foley who was commentating along with Kevin Gill called me over to the broadcast table for a post match interview where we discussed my association with YNOT Athletics who will soon be launching an Xceptionally cool line of athletic apparel that will definitely blow you away!









It was great seeing Mick again, and for sure, Mick’s a class act! Roddy Piper and I had laughed till we cried as we spoke about our days in Charlotte. Rowdy and I have always been great friends and it was way too much fun to reconnect with him.

Lastly, my super pal,Terry Funk was there, and anytime we hook up there’s gonna be a lightning bolt coming from somewhere! Don’t take this to the bank just yet but, Terry and I are seriously considering doing a cooking show! Imagine this one if you can? Look out Bobby Flay, Paula Dean, and everyone else if this goes down!!

On top of all this, I just opened the “Official” Austin Idol eBay Store which can be found right on my websites Homepage: http://www.austinidollive.com./ There’s some very cool stuff here so drop in, tell your friends, subscribe to my news letter, and all items come personally autographed by me!

Oh, one last thing? I, Austin Idol do hereby anoint myself as The “King Of The Juggalos”!!! See ya next week right here on Austin Idol Live!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment