Sunday, July 10, 2011

MLW announces: Veronica Fairchild vs. Melanie Cruise [Title vs. Hair] - August 20, 2011



Veronica Fairchild announces plans for retirement

On July 9, during a teleconference with the Magnificent Ladies Wrestling Board of Directors, MLW World Champion Veronica Fairchild declined an offer to extend her contract, and announced her plans to retire. Fairchild added that she believes no one is worthy of wearing the title after her. Therefore, her retirement plans will include retiring the MLW World Championship.

“I have seen some of the so-called wrestlers who have joined the MLW roster recently,” Fairchild said during the conference. “They are neither vivacious, voluptuous, or as vicious as I am. And clearly, none of them could ever be victorious over me. They'll all just be more victims of my vigorous violence, like all of the challengers I have faced in the last nine months.”

The MLW Commissioner and President both declined to comment on this situation in detail, but stated they would be contacting the promotion's legal counsel for guidance on how to address this situation.

What they do know is that Fairchild is still under contract through the end of August. They are hopeful that fans will take this limited opportunity to present the MLW Champion with some of her toughest competition.

“Really?” Fairchild asked sarcastically. “Who are you going to get to face me in the next two months? Who can beat me? No one. That's who. Rock C, Tiffany Roxx, Million Dollar Baby, Barbi Hayden, Santana Garrett, Josianne? None of them is good enough to follow me as champion.”

Fairchild berated the Board of Directors for not simply allowing her to begin her retirement immediately, and instead forcing her to honor the terms of her contract.

“You'll be hearing from my attorneys,” she said. “I had plans. My villa in the South of France has been completed and staffed, awaiting my arrival. My life of full-time luxury awaits and you're going to make me waste more time disposing of helpless challengers? To what end?”

The Board of Directors are hopeful that the end will be preserving the legacy of the MLW World Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment