Sunday, June 19, 2011

MMWA and SICW to split into two separate organizations


http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/tim-miller/tim-miller-resigns-from-sicw-wrestling-an-official-statement/231220690223754

I have officially ended my affiliation with Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling (SICW), as of 5:00pm today. I wish Herb Simmons and everyone involved with SICW nothing but the very best in the future!

My principal focus is, and will always be, wrestling at the historic South Broadway Athletic Club. Located in the lively Soulard Neighborhood, this is where I grew up and continue to call home to this day! South Broadway Athletic Club, in particular, has been a second home to me since childhood... my father wrestled at South Broadway Athletic Club in the mid 1980s.

Numerous years ago, when I was the stage camera operator for then-Producer Scott Cooper, I found myself directly involved with wrestling at the South Broadway Athletic Club. I learned a great deal from Scott Cooper and really enjoyed working with him. The next thing I knew, I was handed the duties for television and have produced more episodes than any of the previous producers. Under my management, our television show has captured 8 TV Awards and is the longest continuously running cable television program in St. Louis! I never asked for the job, I have just attempted to do the best that I can!

I am also the creator of the MO & IL Championship belts, ring technician and owner of two of the organizations rings, maintain the tape library, work with the talent, work at our training center and help put together cards and promote wrestling. I am also the Ring Announcer, Timekeeper and Commentator for our events. I produce everything from our logo and graphics and even edit the final product for cable broadcast. The title of Executive Producer is an understatement! I love my role(s) at South Broadway Athletic Club and working for and with Tony Casta... I'm certainly kept busy, for sure!

With this being said, I am choosing to take on even more responsibility and devote all of my efforts into the Mid Missouri Wrestling Alliance, the Wild World Of Wrestling and Wrestling at South Broadway Athletic Club. I will be spending more time at our facilities and with our talent / staff, assisting Tony Casta with the direct day-to-day duties of running the MMWA.

I will not discuss all of my reasons for resigning from SICW, I will only say that differences in direction is the main reason for my departure and that I feel that this is the best move for myself, my family and the future of the MMWA.

Thank you all for your support for all of these years!

TIM MILLER, Executive Producer

Mid Missouri Wrestling Alliance (MMWA)

Credit: http://stlwrestling.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment